Abel E. Bello, M.D.
- Bariatric And Minimally Invasive Surgery
- General Surgery
- Laparoscopic And Robotic Surgery
- Medical School – Autonomous University of Santo Domingo in Dominican Republic
- Residency – Forum Health – Western Reserve Care System
- Internship – St Luke’s – Roosevelt Hosptial Center
- Fellowship – Case Western Reserve University – University Hospitals
- American Board of Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- The American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- The Association for Bariatric Endoscopy
- American Hernia Society and the Society of Laparoscopic Surgeons
- Bariatric Surgery and Weight Loss Procedures (weight loss surgery and revisions)
- Advanced Laparoscopic surgery -Reflux surgery, Foregut, Solid organ
- Surgical Endoscopy – Procedures performed via a flexible endoscope
- General Surgery – Hernia, cancer, gallbladder, abdominal surgery, thyroid, parathyroid, colon, etc
Dr. Abel Bello is a board certified general surgeon who specializes in bariatric and minimally invasive surgery techniques. He started his medical career very early when he was only 14 and then went on to earn his Doctor of Medicine degree with honors from the Autonomous University of Santo Domingo in Dominican Republic.
He received all of his surgical training in the United States where he completed his general surgery training at St. Luke’s – Roosevelt Hospital Center in New York City and Northside Medical Center in Youngstown, Ohio. Motivated by the latest surgical advances in surgery, he went on to enroll in a surgical fellowship in Advanced Minimally Invasive and Bariatric Surgery at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland.
Dr. Bello is fluent in both English and Spanish. He has spent many years working as a medical instructor and consultant, and has published articles and spoken at scientific conferences regarding his extensive research in the areas of minimally invasive surgery and bariatric surgery procedures.
He is a top rated physician and member multiple professional organizations such as the American College of Surgeons, the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons, the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, The American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, The Association for Bariatric Endoscopy, the American Hernia Society and the Society of Laparoscopic Surgeons.
He serves on national committees at prestigious professional surgery organizations in the USA and is actively involved in academic surgery and research where he is constantly evolving along with the surgery field in order to offer patients always the best available treatments.
Practice Website: www.mibsurgery.com