Alberto Iglesias, M.D.
- General Surgery
- Universidad Del Rosario-Columbia, 1994
- Internship: George Washington Univ Prog, 2000, Surgery
- Residency: George Washington Univ Prog, 2004, Surgery
- Fellowship: Johns Hopkins Hospital, 2005, Surgery
- American Board of Surgery-Surgery
- Memorial Hospital Miramar
- Memorial Hospital Pembroke
- Memorial Hospital West
- Memorial Regional Hospital
Dr. Alberto Iglesias is a board-certified general surgeon. He earned his medical degree from the Colegio Mayor de Nuestra Senora del Rosario School of Medicine, Columbia in 1994, and completed his internship at Universidad del Rosario School of Medicine in 1995. He completed his general surgery residency at The George Washington University in 2004 and a fellowship in minimally invasive and robotic surgery at John Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland in 2005.
Dr. Iglesias holds memberships in the American College of Surgeons and the Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES). He has presented nationally on a variety of topics related to gastrointestinal tumors, endoscopic treatments and surgical laparoscopic techniques.
Dr. Iglesias has served as co-director of the Laparoendoscopic Fellowship Program at the Department of Surgery, Division of Laparoendoscopic Surgery at the University of Miami, and as attending surgeon for the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Miami. He served as assistant professor of surgery at Case Western University in Cleveland, Ohio, and as staff surgeon at Cleveland’s Veterans Affairs Medical Center.